The challenge of "luminaries"

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Wed Aug 22 08:07:07 PDT 2007

Ms. Tree -

You said,

Sometimes, even in open space, I show up and say what I think and I think it
will be okay for me to say what I think because, hey, I am in open space and
whatever happens is the right thing, including what I think. . . .  but
sometimes in this list, I have felt attacked because I don't think the way
others think or speak the way others think I should speak.  I am rarely why
but I feel gun shy on this list, which kinda makes me sad because Open Space
is reverentially important to me.  So, with that proviso, I am going to risk
censure in this list...

I for one welcome you and everyone in our community to be their fullest
selves.  To speak on the list when inspired to, to show up in any way, shape
or form.  That is one of the things I treasure about our world Open Space
community.

So I am glad that you share your thoughts here, and I'm glad others do, too.
If I'm comfortable with views or thoughts or words, or uncomfortable with
them - it is always my choice to decide how (or whether) to respond or
react.  I delight in having this choice.  Sometimes I even delight in having
a 'Delete' button.  I have all the power in the world to engage or
disengage.

And I have faith that others here do, too.

So just speaking personally, I say that I welcome you and everyone in any
shape or form.  To me, that's what a diverse and interconnected community is
all about...

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t

Consultant, Facilitator, Educator