Open Space at Burning Man - "The Greenman" (Invitation!)

Gwen Daniels gwenaurorad at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 02:43:54 PDT 2007

Hello Open Space People!

I am very excited to announce this OS - and to invite anyone who is going to this year's Burning Man event to come talk about arts and sustainability.  This will be my first time facilitating - I have read the Open Space book, and met with a few people about it.

What is particularly exciting about pairing up OST with Black Rock City (the name of the Burning Man Location) is that they are based on essentially the same principles of inclusion, participation, independence, natural human tendency, results, etc. The city itself is designed in concentric circles rather than a grid.  I am finding some of the similarities quite intriguing!

This year's theme, The Greenman, is a great fit with the missions of the Level Green Institute and Arts at the Heart of a Sustainable World. (organizations I am working with)  I am also a volunteer coordinator for the Black Rock Census at the event this year, and they have graciously invited me to do the OS at their headquarters.  Below is the event description/invitation.  Please spread the word of this to anyone you know will be heading out to the playa this weekend.  Thanks to all.  Hooray for OST!

OPEN SPACE TEA PARTY:
*Integrating the Arts across the Sustainability Movement *

 Wednesday    (8/29)      2-6pm
 *Media Mecca: *
 *Confidentiality Room*
 *center camp*

 People worldwide are now using a new problem solving and discussion
 format called Open Space Technology (OST) that results in action steps for a
 particular issue. Come to the Census Project at Media Mecca to join
 us and participate in this exciting discussion group.  We will use the
 standard Open Space workshop format to develop ways to integrate the arts
 across the sustainability movement. This event is cordinated by Arts at the
 Heart of a Sustainable World – an initiative that promotes the idea that
 creativity sustains the spirit, and therefore better sustains the community and
 the world as a whole. Arts at the Heart loves you! Bring your mug  and
 ideas to the Confidentiality Room, behind Media Mecca.

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!