Arts at the Heart

Ted Ernst ted at chicagohumanist.org
Mon Apr 9 00:13:12 PDT 2007

Burning Man is in Nevada, the week leading up to Labor Day, so that's
either the end of August or beginning of September.
http://burningman.org
peace,
ted
PS, I'm co-facilitating a conference this coming weekend called HeArts
Coming Together in Canton, OH:
http://eyeclectic.livejournal.com/120813.html

On 4/7/07, Michele Frankel <frankelmichele at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello Gwen
> Is the festival in Texas, what are the dates? My area is theatre and
> developing speaking and listening skills/communication as a way of improving
> behaviour and life experience and creating citizenship communities in
> education, prisons etc.
> I've worked in the US on plays linked to sustainability in the 70's.Linked
> then mostly to womens ideas about saving the planet.
>
> Best wishes
> Michele
>

> On 4/7/07, Jean-Francois Gouin <jfgouin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello Gwen,
> >
> > Fabulous idea as a person who is both an artist (poet and musician) and a
> Sustainability professional, I have been thinking a lot about this and have
> experimented around the subject. My writing and my performing are deeply
> related to my interest for Sustainability and it's philosophical
> implications. Namely the relation between humans and nature and the
> importance of spirituality and intuition in dealing with complexity. I find
> that art is a powerful medium to express ideas that can only be incompletely
> represented through a rational discourse. It allows to reach people at a
> deeper more fondamental level. There, an intimate conviction can be stirred,
> reach consciousness and result into action. At the same time this reflection
> brings us to the core of what is art and what is its social role. This
> encompasses its utilitarian or political functions as well as a way to reach
> deeper levels of consciousness and maybe even connect to a global
> consciousness.
> >
> > Anyhow, I do not recall when the burningman festival will occur and it may
> be difficult for me to get to it (I am living in France right now and I
> believe it takes place in Texas right?). However, I would be happy to
> participate in your project. For instance I still have some connections in
> Toronto which may be of use.
> >
> > All the best,
> >
> > Jean-François
> > --
> > __________________________
> > Jean-François Gouin
> > Consultant Durabilité - Sustainability Consultant
> > MUSE - Building Horizons / Constructeur d'Horizons
> > jfgouin at gmail.com
> > Tel: (+ 33) (0)4 91 73 36 93
> > Mobile: (+33) (0)6 81 17 56 97
> > 35Bis Boulevard Alexandre Delabre
> > 13008 Marseille - France * *
> http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist
>
>  * *
> http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

--
Go Solar. More affordable than you could ever imagine!
http://jointhesolution.com/tedernst