Arts at the Heart

Tree Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 15:23:52 PDT 2007

I would like to know where Gwen Daniels is based.  Gwen, could you post more
information about yourself?  And, perhaps, about the conference?  Links?

On 4/9/07, Ted Ernst <ted at chicagohumanist.org> wrote:

> Burning Man is in Nevada, the week leading up to Labor Day, so that's
> either the end of August or beginning of September.
> http://burningman.org
> peace,
> ted
> PS, I'm co-facilitating a conference this coming weekend called HeArts
> Coming Together in Canton, OH:
> http://eyeclectic.livejournal.com/120813.html
>
> On 4/7/07, Michele Frankel <frankelmichele at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hello Gwen
> > Is the festival in Texas, what are the dates? My area is theatre and
> > developing speaking and listening skills/communication as a way of
> improving
> > behaviour and life experience and creating citizenship communities in
> > education, prisons etc.
> > I've worked in the US on plays linked to sustainability in the 70'
> s.Linked
> > then mostly to womens ideas about saving the planet.
> >
> > Best wishes
> > Michele
> >

> > On 4/7/07, Jean-Francois Gouin <jfgouin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello Gwen,
> > >
> > > Fabulous idea as a person who is both an artist (poet and musician)
> and a
> > Sustainability professional, I have been thinking a lot about this and
> have
> > experimented around the subject. My writing and my performing are deeply
> > related to my interest for Sustainability and it's philosophical
> > implications. Namely the relation between humans and nature and the
> > importance of spirituality and intuition in dealing with complexity. I
> find
> > that art is a powerful medium to express ideas that can only be
> incompletely
> > represented through a rational discourse. It allows to reach people at a
> > deeper more fondamental level. There, an intimate conviction can be
> stirred,
> > reach consciousness and result into action. At the same time this
> reflection
> > brings us to the core of what is art and what is its social role. This
> > encompasses its utilitarian or political functions as well as a way to
> reach
> > deeper levels of consciousness and maybe even connect to a global
> > consciousness.
> > >
> > > Anyhow, I do not recall when the burningman festival will occur and it
> may
> > be difficult for me to get to it (I am living in France right now and I
> > believe it takes place in Texas right?). However, I would be happy to
> > participate in your project. For instance I still have some connections
> in
> > Toronto which may be of use.
> > >
> > > All the best,
> > >
> > > Jean-François
> > > --
> > > __________________________
> > > Jean-François Gouin
> > > Consultant Durabilité - Sustainability Consultant
> [...]

Love rays,
Tree Fitzpatrick

http://thecultureoflove.blogspot.com/

. . . the great and incalculable grace of love, which says, with Augustine,
"I want you to be," without being able to give any particular reason for
such supreme and unsurpassable affirmation.  -- Hannah Arendt

1335 Montecito Ave Apt. 35
Mountain View, California 94043
(650) 967-9260