Virgin OSer needs reassurance!

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Mon Sep 4 16:17:35 PDT 2006

Joanna--

My music teacher used to tell me that the terror I felt before a performance
was just energy that did not yet have a place to flow.

In my experience, most OS participants "get it" right away, and are only too
happy to self-organize.   Sometimes, a few may not, but there are plenty of
others to help them find their way.   There may be someone who is not
comfortable releasing control over what is happening--this will be learning for them, or
they just may not be able to participate at this time.

Releasing my own attachment to controlling the outcome of the meeting is a
powerful spiritual experience for me.   And my own trust in the group to find
their own way is probably my greatest contribution to "holding space."

Like trying anything new, you won't know what it is really like until you try
it--here's hoping that it will be a marvelous experience for you AND your
students!

Best wishes--

Joelle Everett