SV: OSONOS by the Sea/NO SPACE

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Wed Sep 13 07:07:38 PDT 2006

Good to hear you had a great time by the sea! Looking forward to reading
about what was up. I´m in the train, on my way to an OS-meeting and have a
bit odd feeling about it. This came really fast on and the pre-meeting was
interrupted by some participants arriving late and having to finish
earlier - so things were kind of hanging out there a bit. Now one of the
top-managers called me as a response to an email I sent them yesterday
regarding my concern about how much space they really wished to open - if
any!
Well, they seem a bit worried and want to use the OS-meeting to get input
for management to take decisions on the future organization. No space to
work further after this meeting. So I guess we´´ll have to figure out
something else to do in the morning day 2, than the actionplanning which was
in the proposal they accepted! Any experiences like this out there??

I´ll team up with my collegue Marianne who will facilitate day 2 and we´ll
also be able to speak some more with the middlemanagers of the organization
tonight, which I suspect are the ones most worried. Friday I am busy with
another actionplanning session - in an organization where the space is
really open for action.
My warmest regards to you all
Thomas