Canadian tables

Jennifer Hurley JLHurley at hfadesign.com
Fri Oct 20 14:14:47 PDT 2006

Unfortunately, I can¹t find any photos at the moment, but I¹ve used 2 things
to work around venues that won¹t let you put tape on the wall.

1) I always use blue painters tape (the kind painters use to mask off
areas), which I am 100% sure will not hurt the walls.  Then, I just very
politely but insistently ignore any direction that I can¹t tape things to
the wall.  Most places, like hotels, don¹t really want to create a scene
with a customer.  They¹ll just tell you that you¹re responsible for any
damage, and since the blue painters tape doesn¹t cause damage, no problem.

2) Sometimes I have used 8 foot tall pieces of foamcore leaned up against
the walls as the base for taping things.  The foamcore is lighter and easier
to move around than tables, and doesn¹t run the risk of scratching the wall
with a table!  It has 2 downsides‹it can be hard to find in that size, and
it¹s not cheap.  I usually order it to be shipped from charrette.com:
https://www.charrette.com/scripts/wgate/zshop4a441683/~flN0YXRlPTI5OTAyLjAwN
i4wMy4wOA==?~okcode=ZMYF&~target=_top&~forcetarget=yes

I love the ideas with rope and clothespins though!

Jennifer Hurley
Hurley~Franks and Associates | Planning & Urban Design
1429 Walnut St., Ste. 601 | Philadelphia, PA 19102
P: 215-988-9440 | JLHurley at HFAdesign.com | http://www.hfadesign.com

Association for the New Urbanism in PennsylvaniA (ANUPA) |
http://www.anupa.org