reinvitation

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Wed Oct 18 23:24:54 PDT 2006

Phelim--

What an affirmation of the value of your Open Space work, to be offered
funding to continue the work!   That is worth celebrating!

As for your question about reinvitation--

At the start of my consulting career, I worked on a community event for the
purpose of bringing together diverse groups to look at community needs and
priorities.   It was not Open Space--OST did not yet exist, so far as I know, but
it had many of the same qualities.

This turned into an annual event for four years, and then it was over.   The
special event to bring diverse community systems together had evolved into
regular meetings of people who shared a common purpose.   And some large projects
were accomplished by people who did not usually work together.

The basic questions were always   "What is needed?" and "What do we address
first?"   How we approached them varied from year to year.   One of the side
effects of the meetings was that a number of people throughout the community
developed their leadership and facilitative skills.

Having a second event with the same theme could lead to a continuing of the
earlier conversation, or you could have something totally new.   Seems
worthwhile to try it and see what happens.

Keep us posted on this emerging story!

Joelle