My first time

Justin T. Sampson justin at krasama.com
Sun Nov 12 14:21:22 PST 2006

Hi Mark,

This agenda looks great. The central space for Dialogue & Deliberation
followed by an explicit Determinations session feels good for reassuring the
group about how formal decisions can be made. Summary Reports by Members is
a nice alternative to the "Officers' Reports" we usually have on the agenda,
which I had explicitly left out yesterday. Interestingly, one member posted
each officer's report as a topic in the Open Space yesterday, but no one
else was interested -- including the officers -- except that I wanted to
hear the Treasurer's report myself. :) But I think a more open "member's
reports" at the beginning of the meeting would be really interesting.

I'm fascinated by the "freedom shock" phenomenon mentioned by others! I'll
have to go read more about that in the archives. I was really trying to
emphasize the "freedom and responsiblity" theme, since those are keywords
for Libertarians as well.

At the moment I'm a little shy about asking to try it again; maybe I just
have to wait a few days to reenergize. Having seen the results yesterday, it
almost feels irresponsible to go back to how I was holding the meetings
before! We've been looking for a less cramped space to meet in anyway, so
that might help relieve some of the chaotic feeling. And by coincidence I'll
have a lot more experience before the next meeting -- the last day of this
week's Applied Improv Network conference is all Open Space, and I'll also be
attending Lisa's Open Space workshop the two days immediately before our
next meeting!

Thanks,
Justin