SV: after a couple of weeks

Eva P Svensson eva at epshumaninvest.se
Wed Nov 8 23:11:31 PST 2006

Hello Arno and Nigel;
You wrote;
"I  noticed that the name of
the method (OS) as translated into Estonian has a bit different meaning
than originally. Could be that my  English isnt good enough but Open
Space have at least 2 meanings (for me): 1. this is a space that is
open(ed), 2. an imperative - open (the) space!  If  to make an reverse
translation from Estonian (Avatud Ruum) we will get "(already) opened
space".
I am curious what niances of meaning has OS in different languages. "

In Swedish we most often don’t translate Open Space - we simply call it Open
Space Technology and that seems to works fine. But the Swedish translation
that was done long ago (I think) is "Öppet Forum" and where the word Open is
meant like the same way as "the door is open" i.e it is already opened.
In my openings I use to say something like "welcome to Open Space and Open
Space Technology - Technology because open space always exists"

All the best from
Eva in Sweden

Bästa hälsningar

Eva P Svensson
EPS Human Invest AB
"Verksamhetsutveckling genom människor skapar långsiktigt välmående företag
och organisationer!"
Anåsbergsvägen 22, 439 34  ONSALA
Tfn: 0300-615 05, Mobil: 0706-89 85 50
eva at epshumaninvest.se,  www.epshumaninvest.se