after a couple of weeks

Arno Baltin arno at tlu.ee
Wed Nov 8 11:36:44 PST 2006

Hi everyone,

I have been following the list for couple of weeks now.
My first question here was rather technical (on possible analysis of the
OS produced text) and I did expect more conversation on technical
aspects of OS. Seems that this makes about 15-20% of  information
exchanged. I got some valuable hints on OS without walls, Canadian
tables etc. A big surprise is conversations and information on parallel
methods and especially on where and what for they are used! This really
opened my view.  So thank you for  keeping this list alive!
As following these conversations in English  I  noticed that the name of
the method (OS) as translated into Estonian has a bit different meaning
than originally. Could be that my  English isnt good enough but Open
Space have at least 2 meanings (for me): 1. this is a space that is
open(ed), 2. an imperative - open (the) space!  If  to make an reverse
translation from Estonian (Avatud Ruum) we will get "(already) opened
space".
I am curious what niances of meaning has OS in different languages.
Could be of course that this topic has already been on the list.

best regards,

Arno Baltin