Global Responses to Greetings from Taiwan

ICA Taiwan icataiw at ms69.hinet.net
Sat Nov 4 19:13:04 PST 2006

Dear Open Space Colleagues,

Last week Harrison Owen's visit to Asia and
Taiwan opened up whole new arenas of possibility
for high performance and innovation in companies,
government, NGOs, community groups and
individuals.  It was an intense week of deep
exploration into challenges and opportunities and
sharing of extraordinary stories.  The following
is a message that went out to the global Open
Space network and some of the responses that came
back.  People are eager to hear more stories from
Taiwan.  What are your stories?

If you would like more information, learnings and
connection with OS practitioners across the
world, check out these websites:
1.	This is the Blog for ost Taiwan:    http://blog.yam.com/osttw/

2.	Slide show in this link:
http://blog.yam.com/osttw/archives/1942196.html

3.	http://www.frontier.org.tw/ost/

4.	http://www.openspaceworldmap.org/

5.	OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU
view the archives of
oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:

Gail

"Infinite possibility, challenges, fun and wonder
have abounded in Asia this past week.  Harrison
arrived in Taipei from Tokyo and was immediately
whisked off to the south.   Accompanied by 6
lovely ladies he held a series of presentations
on Innovation for about 80 people each at 2
Universities.  Then came back to Taipei by van to
see some of the countryside and plane for speed
to another at the Civil Service Development
Center for another 80+.  Immediately following
that we launched a 2 1/2 day on Opening Space for
High Performance with a greatly diverse group of
84:  5 from Korea, 1 Vietnam, Taiwan aboriginal
community residents, business/government/NGO
professionals, and graduate students ranging in
age from 25 to 71.  Added to this mix was a full
time film crew, individual participant interviews
and book signing of the Users Guide in Chinese.
This non-stop whirlwind was gratefully punctuated
for Harrison by acupuncture, foot reflexology,
full body massage, VIP quarters a few steps from
the meeting room for  quiet naps and never ending
Chinese food.  After a few days more on the
informal side with special home-cooking and
hanging out with friends, he's off to China for a
few days of program.

As soon as the host crew catches their collective
breath, pictures and stories will be available on
line!"

Wow, thanks for sharing. I think you folks are doing so very great
over there. And Harrison too, of course;-)
I just returned back from facilitating a training in Norway - in a beautiful
place just next to Stavanger. 6 participants excited to learn and eager to
open space. That was good too!
I would love to see "The book" in Chinese, I'd better go look at it!
Warmest regards
Thomas  (Sweden)

When I read your account of your lovely events I
got this feeling of warmth and gratefulness
inside. To me it was reassuring, that it´s still
else than " money, that makes the world go
around, go around .....". That musical song
sticks with me !!!
Best wishes in your work.
Love from beautiful autumn/fall colours in Denmark.
Inge Struck Jørgensen

These are FANTASTIC news, thank you so much for sharing with us!
CONGRATULATION! The way you organized everything
sounds very professional and I am looking very
much forward to see the pictures. How exciting,
that now the User-Guide exists as well in
Chinese! What a terrific next step! Harrison you
are WONDERFUL!
Warmly,
Gabriela (Germany)

Thanks for sharing..i felt the wind from Taiwan here..fabulous!
Funda (Turkey)

Thank you for letting us feel what it was like... Great report!
To master such a dense program, one must really leave responsibility where
it belongs... Of course, not difficult for Harrison... :)
Love, Catherine (Germany)

--
Gail West, ICA
3F, No. 12, Lane 5, Tien Mou West Road