News from the International OST Training in Blossin

Jo Toepfer jotoepfer at boscop.de
Sun Nov 5 15:04:31 PST 2006

Dear colleagues,

the UK subsystem of this training just burned Guy Fox as they have done
every year for more than 400 years. This time fortified with German
Gluehwein (mulled wine, we think).

This is the evening of the fourth day of the training. We journeyed
already through a full Open Space including a planning session, a
self-organized setting up and 1,5 days of Open Space with 4 breakout
sessions followed by action planning AND a 1 day OSonOS on the OS
experience.

The group is experiencing high learning accompanied by confusion,
conflict and frustration as already reported. All of this afternoon the
learning spaces (OS cinema, library, cyberspace and exhibition) were
frequently used... The groups invented additional learning spaces as
long walks in he forest and high intensity basketball with players from
  12 nations followed by visits to the sauna.

Tomorrow we hit the town of Berlin. Visits to Tempelhof Airport (a
sacred place for West-Berliners remembering the airlift) with vast open
space venues, an exhibition of photographs documenting the
transformation of Kreuzberg (the city district that is representative of
the multi cultural make up of Berlin and perhaps the future of Europe)
AND, of course, a gathering of the mother of all Stammtische to which
you are all invited. For directions visit   www.Kreuzberger-Weltlaterne.de

Still ahead of us is the participants organized Open Space on "I, Open
Space facilitator" complete with action planning and detailed feedback
followed by a session to plan the further journey as an Open Space
facilitator.

We are sure you will hear more!

We hate to tell you: self organisation reared it's head again.

No surprise to most of you but always a joy to experience.

We know that several of you presently are involved in other trainings.
Share!

Love and peace
mmp and Jo

--