my second space in istanbul

Chris Weaver chris at springbranch.us
Wed May 31 08:15:38 PDT 2006

Funda, I'm interested too in conveying the technical information very
clearly.

This spring I tried something new, which was to provide a written "list of
terms" on the back of the handout for the schedule of the day.  The list
provided simple definitions for words like Convener, Agenda Wall, Space-Time
Matrix, Marketplace, News Wall, etc.  People browsed the list along with the
schedule as they were settling in.  I explained these terms in the opening
flow same as usual (I didn't read from the list or say, "now look at your
papers everyone!"); the list seemed to me like a simple background way to
honor some people's learning styles without interfering with the process
(similar to having the principles and law up on a poster in addition to
conveying them verbally).  The feedback I received from participants was
that the opening explanation was "very clear" or "clearer than they had ever
heard," so it appears to me that this worked well.

I am right with you Harrison about not taking any questions, and after
"stepping out of the way" to then fully embody the reality that the meeting
belongs to the participants.

Chris

Chris Weaver
Springbranch, Inc.