The Da Vinci Connection -- Open Space and the Feminine

Sandra Kriese integralhealth at uniserve.com
Mon May 29 13:44:45 PDT 2006

Hello to everyone,

Bumblebee that I am, I have touched in and out of the topics on this list
since last year. Thank-you all! I also had the great pleasure of taking a
facilitation course in Nanaimo with Chris.

Open Space fills in or offers a perspective that I found missing in Process
Work with Arnie Mindell. Somehow...and I don't know how yet to articulate
it...they complement each other. Or maybe they are on a contimuum of some
sort.

But I digress.

I just wanted to offer up another book about this masculine/feminine
discussion. It is "Eve's Seed" by Robert S. McElvaine. The subtitle is
"Biology, the Sexes, and the Course of History"...a weighty thing indeed.

I haven't completed it, and it is so full of material...and my life has been
topsy turvy lately...so I won't say too much.

Here's a quote...

"Hell hath no fury like a man devalued" (opening page!)

He proposes that the pendulum of patriarchy swinging over is a complex
"interplay of our innate proclivities with changing, human-altered social
environments." That is, human nature worked as is for a very long time as we
evolved. With the development of agriculture, sweeping cultural changes
created a "mismatch" between that nature and our social environment. Not
enough time for us to change with the times. A devaluing of the masculine.

It goes into much more depth and I wish I could say more.

See if you can find the book and see if it opens something new.

Thanks for the continued exploration of how to let go more. I just love the
paradox!

take care,