FW: The Da Vinci Connection -- Open Space and the Feminine

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Tue May 23 10:25:05 PDT 2006

From: desmond rice [mailto:desrice1 at hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 12:07 PM
To: hhowen at verizon.net
Subject: RE: The Da Vinci Connection -- Open Space and the Feminine

Great insight Owen.

Having been raised as a Northern Catholic, I am very familiar with the
Western suppression of The Feminine. I found that as I made and continue to
make my journey of understanding of life, I was and am  frequently the token
male, or in a serious minority,  at a variety of courses/ classes on yoga,
Tai chi, Buddhism, Reiki, sound healing, life coaching etc, anywhere where
one gets results by allowing energy to take it's course.

For some reason females are much more open to any new knowledge, which might
produce results and more workable lives, even when they cannot explain how
or why it worked.

 Part of the explanation could be that in our society, anything that worked
but could not be explained was likely to have been "The devils work", or
some sort of black magic. Perhaps there are still relics of this in all
western societies.

 But it does not explain why women should be more open to events/ happenings
which seem to work because they use cosmic energy/rules or whatever? Maybe,
in the eyes of western man, it is "ok for them" they can "fool around" with
these things, because they dont have the "Serious things" to contend with in
the boardroom, or would not be as likely to be ridiculed by their peers?
Maybe they have less to loose in strange sort of way.

It does cause me great concern that the male decision makers in business and
politics are so closed to the admission that their understanding of life and
their ability to force solutions may be flawed. Who knows better how to heal
the cosmos than the cosmos? So  why not let it through OS and other natural
routes?

I agree that The Da vinci Code was a riveting  read, if historically
inaccurate. If it helps to lead people to question dogma and certainty, and
become more open to  a less "certain" view of life, then it may serve a
purpose.

Desmond Rice, Belfast, N Ireland

  _____

Be the first to hear what's new at MSN - sign up to our
<http://g.msn.com/8HMAENUK/2740??PS=47575>  free newsletters!