Open Space with 3rd graders in 1 hour

Chris Macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk
Tue May 2 12:00:21 PDT 2006

Actually I think an age themed version of what are the "why isn't it nobody
talked to us about xxx" is most relevant -imagine if the world's class of 10
year olds were empowered to define the experience black holes that most
schools are riddled with; and 11 years ; and 12 years - wouldn't we start to
see living curricula fit for the future instead of boxing our kids up in
mainly irrelevant past nostrums

anyhow we need to revolutionise both curricula and modes of curricula between
10 and 15 up so they learn to find their own best mentors through life and
help others likewise, a wholly different educational game than 20th c schools
begin to know how to organise

has anyone here looked at eg the social studies course that 9 year old
catholic girls are taught in the USA - it's riddled with words they are asked
to learn parrot fashion which are defined the wrong way round - social control
at its most shameful

the point I am trying to make is unlike university students, school kids have
another x years ahead of them where the brainwashing system needs changing
before they can to what are we going to do with the erst of our lives

chris macrae
http://ninenow.blogspot.com

Quoting Mikk Sarv <mikk at ilm.ee>:

 I should try the topic Harrison suggested. Kids are often very deep and real,
 if you address them with respect.
 About the breakouts, I'd like two of 20 minutes.
 Of course, Harrison's suggestion to make some more time with making own fun is
 worth to try out.
 If there is no fun, it doesn't work!
 With best greetings,
 Mikk Sarv