"secondary" os terms

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at bk.ru
Tue May 30 12:30:00 PDT 2006

Dear Wendy and everybody else,

Thanks much for proposing "synkairosity." Makes so much sense!

And thanks, Desmond, for offering "synchrodestiny."

I would like to extend an emergent and developing invitation (I would
like help in sharpening the intent) to the the OSlist (and beyond?)
to develop a list of "secondary" os terms. These are the terms that go
beyond mere OST and deepen our understanding/living/experience of os.
I'm sure there have been many. These might be words that are familiar
to many or are new.

I would like to offer a few here besides the two above:

harrisies (Birgitt, did you coin this?)

space corps (an OS peace corps, I first heard from Peggy in Goa)

Heavenfax (Halifax, site of last OSonOS)

non-work

granularity- originated by Galina Tsarkova

FIV (flatland immunodeficiency virus)

FIVrb (flatland immunodeficiency virus risk behaviors)

emurmurgence - the visible signs of rumbling when granularity during
kairos makes the supersaturated air surprise us with something we were
prepared to be surprised about

<surname> space- practice of facilitating something, calling it OST,
but doesn't look, feel, taste, smell like an OST meeting. So you call
it the space by the person's last name. Originated by Mikhail Pronin.
space-holder

psh- professional space-holder ("pee-es-aycher")

facilitrant- space-holder participating in work.

co-rememberer- a "participant" in an OST meeting

remembering- used to be called "learning"

whalewatching- the practice of sightseeing at an OSonOS, but letting
one's personal os practice inform the process

best,
raffi