large group intervention tree

Tonnie van der Zouwen info at tonnievanderzouwen.nl
Fri May 19 01:28:38 PDT 2006

Dear Raffi, dear colleagues,

It has been a while since you posted your question about the family tree of
large group interventions methods. It took me some time to read the more
than 100 messages in de OSList, after a very busy period. I am learning a
lot from this list. Thank you all!

Maybe I can contribute something in your search for the family tree of large
group intervention tools. You can download the document with the tree of
Martin Leith on
<http://www.largescaleinterventions.com/english%20version/articles.htm>
http://www.largescaleinterventions.com/english%20version/articles.htm. Peter
Strobosch and I made this website as an online introduction to the approach
and principles of Large Scale Interventions. We do not focus on one
particular method, but rather on "cooking together with the principles" in
the process, the traject of change. Using large group intervention methods
allong the way. For our training "facilitating Large Scale Interventions
processes" we made a toolbox "Choosing LGI Methods", available as a free
download under the button "methods". It offers you a mindmap (tree format)
of LGI methods and nine charts with a summary of principles and usage of the
best known LGI methods. Of cause there is a page and a lot of links to
sources about Open Space.

It is interesting to notice that we find Appreciative Inquiry a valuable
method, but we do not classify it as a "Large Scale Intervention" approach
for change, because we think you learn together from both "prouds and
sorries". What are your thoughts about this?

Greetings,

Tonnie van der Zouwen

Drs. Tonnie van der Zouwen MCM

Beneluxlaan 66