Stories that moved you, stories that could change the world

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Mon Jan 9 19:03:20 PST 2006

Glory--

Thanks for your kind words.

Your words brought me up short, and perhaps you would like to see what I
saw:

 << I am also personally grappling with the following story problem:
 << Given ... the abundance of ... oppositional (good/evil) stories...
 << What is/are the compelling counter and transcendent story/ies?

These oppositional forces seem to have caught you up, too, a bit, Glory.
<grin>

And perhaps the answer is to go ahead and just tell our stories and invite
our conversations. The reason being that recently I read something which
suggested, sadly I think, that the fundamentalists in all religions want to
avoid conversation, want to simply tell their dogma to the world. Sad, sad.
So countering is perhaps not the task, but loving and conversing, and
telling the good stories. Or so it seems this evening....

Thanks, Glory.

                              :-Doug. Germann
                              Seeking people making community change.