Books Conversations - Apologies

Kate Armstrong 4pangaea at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 26 13:18:36 PST 2006

I have been receiving queries of concern re: launching the professional
Books Conversations. I chose Yahoogroups as the listserv for us.
Although I had reservations, when I contacted Riseup.com and topica.com
I did not receive a response to my inquiry. So "we" went with Yahoo. I
sent out invitations from the listserv (a limit of 50 is allowable).
Apparently they were not actually sent out/received. What is puzzling
is the is apparently one exception, someone who had already subscribed
independently to the listserv.

So, where we are now is in need of a reliable listserv, and I will
re-send the invitations. Who among us can connect me to such a
listserv. As we envisioned the conversations, I will be the moderated
in the sense of co-ordinating the four every-other-month conversations
calls. As far as the listserv, it will be unmoderated once we vet the
subscriber with our list. Every professional colleague is welcome! We
just have a concern about web-surfers.

I will have time to re-launch the Books_Cons as I will be at home with
some down time for a while. I'm having surgery, having been told I'm
missing the "Big C" by thismuch. I thank my "pushy" doctor, and my
appreciative perspective on living and working for the relative good
news.

Cheering us all on,
Kate (aka "Pollyanna," 21st century version)

"The best way to predict the future is to create it now, together" (a
variation of a Peter Drucker quote - thank you, Rob).