Working with visual artists at an Open Space

Kate Armstong 4pangaea at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 11 21:46:06 PDT 2006

To piggyback on Harrison (and doesn't that sound
fun!), if I am remembering accurately, David Sibbert
created The Grove in San Francisco, California to
train visual recorders. I have witnessed their
incredibly impressive skills/talents at conferences.
Their work richly augmented the conversation(s). It
was almost like having a continuous video, including
sketches of individuals, groups, (connecting) roads,
pinpointing stars, etc., and all with riots of
color.It was neither distracting nor intrusive and
very well received by the participants. Awesome!

Coincidentally, I just received the current training
schedule from The Grove, which I have c&p'd below for
anyone interested.  ;-)

Appreciatively,
Kate

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hello Kate,

Alternatives to PowerPoint and tools for more
effective meetings are
well within your reach!  The Grove's Fall 2006
workshops are an
opportunity to better engage your teams and get more
effective results from your
meetings and group processes.

SAN FRANCISCO

Principles of Graphic Facilitation
September 27-29, 2006

Strategic Visioning
October 12-13, 2006

BALTIMORE - Taught by David Sibbet

Strategic Visioning
October 9-10, 2006

Principles of Graphic Facilitation
October 4-6, 2006

Strategic Visioning Workshops
The Strategic Visioning workshop focuses on learning
The Grove's
Strategic Visioning(TM) Process to facilitate
strategic planning and/or
large-scale change.

This workshop is recommended for consultants,
organizational
strategists, project managers and process managers who
may not want to draw, but
wish to learn a compelling, visual approach to setting
and aligning
direction among teams and strategizing change
processes. The
collaborative, panoramic, and very memorable visual
experience is also highly
valuable for a division, department or team developing
internal business
plans.

Graphic Facilitation Workshops
Principles of Graphic Facilitation (PGF) is a
three-day workshop is an
in-depth graphic facilitation course that shares the
secrets of this
engaging approach to work. Highly engaging, creative,
productive,
replicable and helpful in aligning goals, graphic
facilitation is far more
appropriate to 21st century literacy than monotonous
computer
presentations.

This workshop is recommended for consultants, team
leaders, project
leaders, managers, facilitators or trainers
experienced in facilitation
who wish to use graphic displays for engaging
participants, capturing
ideas, and focusing work. The workshop includes
small-group activities
designed to enhance participants' skills with graphic
facilitation
practices and tools. A great deal of time is devoted
to practice and feedback,
and the workshop incorporates a graphic case study.

This Fall The Grove offers a number of exciting
opportunities to learn
new planning and facilitation skills or update your
technique.  For
more information on these and other Grove workshops,
or to register,
please call us at 415.561.2500.  To learn more visit
any of the links above
at our web site,
http://www.grove.com/learning_center/wkshp.html.

The Grove Consultants International
+1.415.561.2500
+1.800.494.7683
1000 O'Reilly Ave, San Francisco, CA  94129  USA   |
www.grove.com

(If you no longer want to receive emails about The
Grove's latest work,
tools, products and services, reply with the word
'remove' in the
subject line.)

=== message truncated ===