A taster of OST meeting on 1,5 hour

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Thu Sep 15 06:50:35 PDT 2005

If I only have 1.5 hours I do not call it Open Space Technology.  I have
led 1.5 hr self-organizing discussions with 1 round with very positive
results.  It is something learned from OST.  I agree with Harrison --
and see it now in a conference.  The planners who see them selves as
progressive, cannot get beyond wanting to control the conference in the
normal "chunks" so keep reducing the "space".  If it is not spacious
enough, it is not an experience of OST, but only the T.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation
Toronto, ON, Canada