A taster of OST meeting on 1,5 hour

Brendan McKeague mckeague at iprimus.com.au
Wed Sep 14 17:40:15 PDT 2005

G'day Eva - I'm just about to open a wee space (1.5 hour) for about
120 folks as part of a bigger conference
- the group will create the agenda after listening to a keynote speaker
(in this case its at a Storytelling conference - with my brief as
follows: "With regard to the Saturday Session at 2.00pm.
It follows Pamela Ateka's Keynote presentation on her use of
poetry/storytelling/drama etc to teach African communities about the
cause and spread of HIV/Aids. The topic for the Conversations springs
on from Pamela's work suggesting/questioning perhaps both the
occurrences and the legitimacy  where storytelling sits on the edge
of propaganda.")
So we will 'plan' to have a 20 min opening, two 30 min conversation
slots and a 10 min closing circle....

ha ha - that's the plan and, in my experience, plans never work
according to plan...

So whatever happens will be great and will make for a wonderful story
for all concerned -
they may chose to carry on conversing afterwards -  into the evening
whatever, wherever...
For me, a key element is the need for the space to have meaning and
relevance to those who give it shape ('edging') - and if all those
folks are coming to OS demos because they wish to know something
about it - there's plenty of relevance and meaning in their choice to attend..
Go well with the journey...
Brendan