wireless and wiki - things to know?

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Wed Sep 14 08:07:15 PDT 2005

For the wired community, I can understand that they would like to have
laptops all over. And they probably will. Major downsides in my experience
are several. First, the notes taken tend to be almost verbatim - which
generally yields an enormous amount of "stuff" of questionable value. Having
to type a report from a stack of news print tends to focus the mind, to say
nothing of the input. The second thing you lose with instant entry is the
camaraderie of the News Room. Actually I find some of the best discussions
(ideas) are generated when folks get together to figure out what they are
really talking about. I guess I am getting old, but lo-tec wins out in my
book.

ho

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive

Potomac, Maryland   20845

Phone 301-365-2093

Open Space Training www.openspaceworld.com <http://www.openspaceworld.com/>

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives Visit: