wireless and wiki - things to know?

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Wed Sep 14 07:48:24 PDT 2005

Hello, dear colleagues -

To those of you who have used high-technology methods of collecting
discussion notes during the real-time of an OS event that look like

- People on their laptops writing notes directly to wiki or other
website
- Wireless - folks sending their notes to somewhere without physically
having to walk over to a Newsroom table to coordinate
input/transcription
- Other things that look like that

What are some advantages, disadvantages, things you wished you had known
/ done before you did this in a next OS event, and so on?

I often work with clients / communities that have *zero* technology of
the electronic kind (so I am very good at when you *don't* have
computers, or xerox machines and so on).  Or with 'basic' electronic
technology like a bunch of computers in the Newsroom with a Newsroom
Coordinator present, discs or drives or network to share / send files,
and so on.  But I have an upcoming situation where a majority of the
participants are *very* into electronic technology.  So I just want to
learn from you-all what to plan for, look for, invite, beware of, and so
on. I know that several of you have had these interesting and sometimes
wild experiences.

Thank you for your thoughts and recommendations,

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
O p e n i n g  S p a c e