Book of Proceedings

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Mon Sep 12 13:52:27 PDT 2005

Proceedings in my experience have two major values. They are a powerful
symbol of the group's accomplishment. Everybody starts in open space
(nothing) and at the end of (whatever) time - there is a "book" which the
group did itself. Sounds a little hokey, but in every situation I have been
witness to - folks just love to get their books. Occasionally turns into a
sort of "College Yearbook" affair with people signing each other's books.
The second value is totally practical. This is a record of who talked about
what - which is just great if you want to follow up on something later on. A
networker's bonanza. And of course - if it is all (also) online - then the
conversation can continue well beyond the original time, space, and people.
Are Proceedings always useful? Maybe not in very small, short gatherings.
But I always do them if possible. And besides it keeps our image clean.
Which refers to a comment a colleague made once - "Harrison, you have
developed the ultimate scam. The client does all the work, and even writes
the report." True.

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive

Potomac, Maryland   20845

Phone 301-365-2093

Open Space Training www.openspaceworld.com <http://www.openspaceworld.com/>

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives Visit: