raising funds for OSonOS

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Mon Oct 17 13:49:20 PDT 2005

Hi, Raffi -

About a week ago, you wrote:

<Do you know of any grants that have been written to fund any aspect of
the OSonOS? The text of that grant application would be of interest to
us.>

Perhaps this will help with some general parts of the text adapted for
your use.  I wrote it as a template for anyone to use to give to
potential funders.  At the bottom it says 'send to Open Space
Institute-US' because as you know annually OSI-US gets proposals from
people who may fit its funding criteria and who are seeking funds to go
to an OSonOS.  Next year OSI-US will send a message out to the OSLIST
inviting some of those requests, and they/we (I am on the Board of
Directors for OSI-US) will be able to assist a few individuals, as will
some of the other generous and supportive OSI's around the world, I am
sure.

But Ms. Asanova may find some of the text useful to send to many other
funders who specifically fund people Central Asian people seeking to
learn about citizen engagement, democracy, social change,
sustainability, planning, strategy and community building.

http://www.openspaceworld.org/wiki/wiki/wiki.cgi?OpenSpaceInstituteUSA/A
ccessQueenKing

Take care,
Lisa (aka Access Queen)