raising funds for OSonOS

Tree Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 17:07:33 PDT 2005

Another funding tip for Raffi. Have the Central Asian women check out
mamacash.org <http://mamacash.org>, which funds some conference and travel
costs for women in certain parts of the world. A woman attended the Seattle
Practice of Peace from Herzegovina because we suggested she check out
mamacash, she took up our suggestion and voila! she got funds.

Who knows if it will help your colleagues, Raffi. As Lisa points out in her
note,citizen engagement, democracy, social change, sustainability, planning,
strategy and community building are good examples of the kinds of funding
criteria that would fall under the scope of an OSonOS. Mamacash has multiple
funding priorities, all women clients.

On 10/17/05, Lisa Heft <lisaheft at openingspace.net> wrote:

>  Hi, Raffi -
>
>  About a week ago, you wrote:
>
>  <*Do you know of any grants that have been written to fund any aspect of*
>
> *the** OSonOS? The text of that grant application would be of interest to*
>
> *us*.>
>
>  Perhaps this will help with some general parts of the text adapted for
> your use. I wrote it as a template for anyone to use to give to potential
> funders. At the bottom it says 'send to Open Space Institute-US' because
> as you know annually OSI-US gets proposals from people who may fit its
> funding criteria and who are seeking funds to go to an OSonOS. Next year
> OSI-US will send a message out to the OSLIST inviting some of those
> requests, and they/we (I am on the Board of Directors for OSI-US) will be
> able to assist a few individuals, as will some of the other generous and
> supportive OSI's around the world, I am sure.
>
>  But Ms. Asanova may find some of the text useful to send to many other
> funders who specifically fund people Central Asian people seeking to learn
> about citizen engagement, democracy, social change, sustainability,
> planning, strategy and community building.
>

> http://www.openspaceworld.org/wiki/wiki/wiki.cgi?OpenSpaceInstituteUSA/AccessQueenKing
>
>  Take care,
>
> Lisa (aka Access Queen)
>
>   ___________________________
>
> L i s a H e f t
>
> Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
>
> O p e n i n g S p a c e
>
> 2325 Oregon
>
> Berkeley, California
>
> 94705-1106 USA
>
> +01 510 548-8449
>
> lisaheft at openingspace.net
>
> www.openingspace.net <http://www.openingspace.net>

> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:

Warmly,
Tree Fitzpatrick
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." George Elliot