Resolving Workplace Conflicts

Turning Lead into Gold Alchemists at leadintogold.com
Sat Oct 8 05:35:06 PDT 2005

Raffi,
I regularly use OST means - linked with methods derived from "Wicked
Problem" Solving.
This approach changes the OST Dynamic - and engages the faciklitator at
a different level...

An alternative approach is to use something like GE's WorkOut Strategies...

Let me know if I can help

R/
Jeffrey Edwards
Alchemists Intl
SKYPE: AlchemistsIntl or NPDICoach
001.904.276.0067

Creator of Wicked Workout(TM) -

Alchemists Intl
Presents…
Wicked Workout™

By the measurements of most consultants and your industry in general,
yours is a well-run enterprise. Your Vision Statement hangs on the
Boardroom wall. Your employees can describe the enterprise’s Mission and
recite the major Goals of their individual departments and work areas
(they are printed on the back of the ID card suspended from a cord
around their neck). You have a 2 year Business Strategy, a Balanced
Scorecard®, and regularly hold ‘all-hands’ meetings to tell everyone
‘what’s going on’.

Yet something doesn’t feel quite right when you walk through the halls…

“I thought we corrected that mistake with the last upgrade?” –
“No, it was on the list but was bumped to add the features required by…”
“Well, when is it going to be fixed?” - “I don’t know, I don’t control
the development process anymore…”

“Why is it so hard to get something so simple taken care of – I’ve
submitted three HELP requests in the past month – and I’m still waiting
for an answer…”

“This Team has been meeting for over a month – we aren’t getting anywhere…”

“I thought we understood the issues… everything we’ve done has just made
the original problem worse…”

“The ‘political issues’ connected to this one… Well I’m just glad it’s
your problem and not mine…”

It happens to every organization at some point in its evolution. Your
original organizational improvement efforts have ‘hit the wall’ – and
you’ve plateaued. You are far better than you ever were before, but
there is so much more you feel you need to do...

The frustration your people are feeling is palpable. You can hear it in
their voices; see it in their faces, read it in their e-mails and other
correspondence. And it is beginning to be felt by your customers….

Is it time to replace your strategies with the newest fads? – NO, it is
simply time to apply what has made you successful so far - from another
perspective. You and your organization have plucked all of the ‘low
hanging fruit’ from the opportunity tree. Harder work is required to go
after the remaining opportunities. Harder work, augmented by a few new
tools – and a new perspective driving their use…

Alchemists Intl and The Institute for Enterprise Transformation™
announce the next installment in their Wicked Workshops™ series.
Entitled “Wicked Workout™” this three day intensive working session
provides facilitators, internal consultants and corporate change agents
with a set of experiences specifically designed to help them – help you
- address the hard work of continual organizational improvement – moving
your organization off of the plateau you may be on, and preventing you
from ‘backsliding’ into your old habits.

Developed by Corporate Coaches and Business Excellence experts,
Wicked Workout™ provides your personnel with:

An opportunity to discuss the real issues affecting improvement and
growth in your enterprise
An environment where these issues can be explored – and strategies can
be designed and developed to effectively deal with them
An opportunity to experiment with these strategies in a safe and secure
environment
An action plan to systematically install the selected strategies in
their individual work areas, departments or functions – or across the
entire enterprise.
Metrics and measurements to assess the affect of these strategies – in
real time.
A Guaranteed Return On Investment

During the course of this workshop, participants are engaged in:

An Introduction to Appreciative Inquiry @ Work (AI at Work), our unique
application of Appreciative Inquiry to Organizational Transformation
Experience with each of the stages of AI at Work
An understanding of Wicked Problems, Issues Based Information Systems
(IBIS) Grammar and tools for Visual Collaboration™
An understanding of Action Learning/ Action Research and Rapid
Improvement Technologies including GE style Workout® sessions, and
Masaaki Imae’s Kaizen Blitz and Gemba Kaizen activities
An understanding of “Wicked Workout™”, our unique synthesis of
Appreciative Inquiry, IBIS and Visual Collaboration, and World Class
Rapid Improvement technologies
Experience with Wicked Workout™ in a mock environment
Discussion of the role of Wicked Workout in today’s fast paced business
environment

Built from over half a decade of hands-on application and continued
experimentation – layered on top of a decade of consulting experience,
Wicked Workout™ is like nothing else available today...

Call us right now to bring this unique and powerful experience to your
enterprise!!!
904.276.0067