use of OST in resolving workplace conflicts

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Sat Oct 8 06:13:41 PDT 2005

Sure. OS and workplace conflicts go together like horses and carriages. As a
matter of fact, OS and conflicts of all sorts are naturals. From where I
sit, the central gift of OS is the enabling of Peace. And Peace in my
understanding is never the elimination of chaos, confusion, and conflict --
but rather the inclusion and transcendence of all three. Perhaps a little
more than you wanted or needed, but after all I did write a book on the
subject (The Practice of Peace) see www.openspaceworld.com Of course, having
written a book confers no validity to the opinions, but I don't think I am
alone. Anyhow, I would think that OS would be a first choice. I am not sure
I would start with Story Telling, however. Sounds to me like they have
already been telling a whole mess of stories! They need to get into
meaningful conversation. Ergo: Get right into Open Space, first thing in the
morning. And when it comes to a theme, I would not focus on the conflict --
but rather the broader context. Something like: "What are the issues and
opportunities for creating a program that works for everybody -- management,
staff, and clients?" And if everybody is really hot under the collar I think
one day would just get you started. Two days are essential. Or certainly 1
and 1/2 days.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20845
Phone 301-365-2093
Skype hhowen

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives Visit: