deep democracy

Cheryl Honey wecare at familynetwork.org
Sun Nov 6 03:19:33 PST 2005

Re: deep democracyThis OS list has taught me many things about democratic practices in your contributions and responses. Not everyone agrees with each other's opinions or interpretation of experiences, but we all respect the tenents that bring us into this precious space. I've realized that I'm a conflict avoider and have been working on revealing the matters of my heart.

I have so much I'd like to contribute to this discussion from my experience in growing a Family Support Network that weaves community among into a finely woven fabric of support for all. I will be chiming in when I finish a project I've committed to. What I want to share in the meantime is found in a message from the Hopi Elders.I share this message with every group I facilitate to awaken their potential.

Cheryl Honey, C.P.P.
Community Weaver
wecare at familynetwork.org

Message from the Hopi Elders

You have been telling the people that this is the Eleventh Hour.

Now you must go back and tell people that THIS is the hour.

And there are things to be considered:

Where are you living?

What are you doing?

What are your relationships?

Are you in right relation?

Where is your water?

Know your garden.

It is time to speak your truth.

Create your community.

Be good to each other.

And do not look outside yourself for the leader.

This could be a good time!

There is a river flowing now very fast.

It is so great and swift that there are those who will be afraid.

They will try to hold onto the shore.

They will feel they are being torn apart, and they will suffer greatly.

Know the river has its destination.

The elders say we must let go of the shore,

Push off into the river.

Keep our eyes open,

And our heads above the water.

See who is in there with you and celebrate.

At this time in history, we are to take nothing personally,

Least of all ourselves.

For the moment that we do, our spiritual growth and journey

Comes to a halt.

The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves!

Banish the word struggle from your attitude and vocabulary.

All that we do now must be done in a sacred manner and in celebration.

We are the One's we've been waiting for.

The Elders

Oraibi, Arizona

Hopi Nation