Deep Democracy * Open Space * Other systemic methods

Esther Ewing EwingChange at aol.com
Thu Nov 3 12:52:28 PST 2005

If you look in the archives, I posted about Deep Democracy to this list
about 7 or 8 years ago. I believe my email address back then was
eewing at inforamp.net . It's good to see Myrna's website up and writing. Her stuff  is very
powerful.

Esther Ewing

Hi  Chris,

Another great resource, one which has some case studies of how  OS has been
used as a democratic tool is:

The Tao of Democracy  by Tom Atlee.

His website, co-inteligence.org is a great resource as  well (he notes
Harrison's book as "The how-to manual for one of the simplest,  most powerful
self-organized collective processes we have.")

Tom is a  dedicated, brilliant thinker concerned with Democracy in all its
forms,  especially when it involves everyday citizens in the decision
making/creating/resolving processes.

I highly recommend Tom Atlee, and  his book.

with grace and love,

Zelle

************
Zelle Nelson
Engaging the Soul at Work/Know Place Like Home/State of  Grace Document

_www.stateofgracedocument.com_ (http://www.stateofgracedocument.com/)

_zelle at maureenandzelle.com_ (mailto:zelle at maureenandzelle.com)

office - 001.828.693.0802
mobile - 001.847.951.7030

Isle  of Skye
2021 Greenville Hwy
Flat Rock, NC 28731
USA

Chris  Macrae wrote:

Last week I was lucky enough to talk to Myrna Lewis , originator of Deep

Democracy _http://deep-democracy.net_ (http://deep-democracy.net/)  for 2
hours elapsed, during a 4 day

network meeting "organizational Democracy" in Washington DC

_http://clubofdc.blogspot.com_ (http://clubofdc.blogspot.com/)

I got convinced of several things that I would be delighted to discuss more

with anyone interested:

Along with open space, deep democracy is a truly simple/original design for

systemically intervening with a view to resolve conflicts

since they are both systemic methods, we could benefit by understanding how

they can best intefrface with each other in particular sorts of contexts, as

well as what other systemic methods both tend to interface with repeatedly

cheers

chris macrae _wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk_ (mailto:wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk)

This mail sent through _http://www.easynetdial.co.uk_
(http://www.easynetdial.co.uk/)

view the archives of _oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:_
(mailto:oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:)

_http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html_
(http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html)

_http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist_ (http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist)

--

ÐÏࡱá

Esther Ewing
The Change Alliance - Building Organizational  Capability
330 East 38th St., Suite 53K
New York, New York 10016,  USA

Phone: 212-661-6024
Fax: 866-296-6712

Distributor of  Panoramic Feedback (www.panoramicfeedback.com)
Kolbe Index (www.kolbe.com)
Certified Network Member - Team Management  Systems
(www.teammanagementsystems.com)