Process Oriented Psychology/teleology

Tree Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 11:42:32 PST 2005

Thanks to Alison for bringing up POP.  I had heard about it many times
but since she raised it on this list, I've been reading about it.  I
am grateful.  I have also been aware of Arnold Mindell's work but
never really studied it, which I am doing now.

There's always so much to learn and know.

Here's a new word (that I picked up reading Metaskills by Amy Mindell)
that was used by C. G. Jung:  teleology.

Teleology, as used by Jung, means that 'events are striving towards a
meaningful purpose or goal."  Here's the citation for the quote:  C.
G. Jung, "The Soul and Death", Structures and Dynamics of the Psyche,
Vol. 8, Princeton: Bollingen Series, 1969, p. 406

I do believe the course of humanity is striving towards a meaningful,
purposeful goal and that living in OS is a collective striving towards
such a goal.  The only goal.

--
Warmly,
Tree Fitzpatrick