open space Stammtisch in Bielefeld, Germany

Marei Kiele MareiKiele at web.de
Mon Nov 7 14:05:00 PST 2005

 Hello open space stammtisch people all over the world,

greetings from Bielefeld, where tonight the third meeting of the regional open space folks in Ostwestfalen, Germany, took place. We had an amazing evening!

This Stammtisch meeting started four months ago when I invited others for the first time - five people met. Then I left for the US and past convening the regional Stammtisch over to a dear collague, Stefan Zollondz, and two months ago four people met. That day I invited for the first Stammtisch meeting in New York City - hello folks in NYC, thinking of you ! Considering the time difference I know you are going to meet soon !!

Back to Bielefeld, Germany: Stefan send out the invitation and the word was spread and 10 people came !

And within two hours and a mixture of Genuine Contact and Open Space facilitation we reached:

Solo contemplating as a starter - one-to-one conversation following - than presenting the other person to the group => we got to know eachother very fast on a much deeper than usual level (most people not knowing eachother before).

A short os-opening and posting topics - we had two time slots at 20 min.

Seven topics posted:
- os + staff education/training
- os and scool development
- what is already happening in the region?
- the os-organization
- having become stiff and narrow within my organization -> getting alive again through contact with creative people
- how are we going to continue
- stagnation and backwards instead of forward = actual development in many organizations -> how can we make a difference in this environment?

First time-slot two topics being worked on. During the second time slot the group decided to take the time for action planning. We agreed upon meeting again in two months, with more time, in another room (this time we met in a café) AND we agreed upon an aditional meeting because one of the topics was very exciting for most of us. And we will meet on Dec 6th and have a meeting on:"stagnation and backwards instead of forward = actual development in many organizations -> how can we make a difference in this environment?"And than we had the closing circle.
 - - -I am still so excited - I am sure you can feel the energy. People from all different backgrounds, experienced and total unexperienced in open space met in a kind of open space. And what showed up was the energy to really do something together and to take responsibitly and move things forward. Which will of course not surprise you :))Greeting you all with a big, big smile.Marei

--

Assisting people and organizations in reaching what they really, really want.

        Marei Kiele
        Training, Coaching
        o p e n i n g   s p a c e
        Arndtstr. 43, 33615 Bielefeld, Germany