The Question(s)

Masud Sheikh masheikh at COGECO.CA
Sun May 29 06:27:40 PDT 2005

Ah yes, I guess it is often difficult to choose when to treat another
human as "Thou", rather than "It".

It is a sad fact of life that one cannot treat all humans as "Thou" all of
the time. I guess it is good enough if we can treat most humans as "Thou"
some of the time.

When the client is an organization, many humans would invariably get
treated as "It" (Which is not to say it is "good" or "bad")
Masud

Harrison Owen <hhowen at comcast.net> wrote:

>A brief consultation with Webster brought forth the following:
>
>Manipulate--
>
>1 : to treat or operate with the hands or by mechanical means especially
in a skillful manner
>2 a : to manage or utilize skillfully
>   b : to control or play upon by artful, unfair, or insidious means
especially to one's own advantage
>3 : to change by artful or unfair means so as to serve one's purpose
>
>Always seeking the self-serving advantage -- I would like to think that I
operated within the primary definitions. :-)