a very simple reason...indeed

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at bk.ru
Wed May 18 20:43:36 PDT 2005

Hi Elwin!
I never believed that Harrison taught anything. I know you can't teach
it, that all one can do in the framework of an OST facilitator
workshop is help (at best) for participants to remember it. So,
Harrison for me was never in that conventional sense a teacher.

Yes, OST is timeless...and it's wonderful, and for now it's all we
got. The Next Big Thing will likely not be a tool, but rather an
attitude, I believe, an attitude that like OST will be a simple formalization
of what has always been around.

Harrison, I am arguing, perhaps by holding on to her child, who is now
a young adult, is doing his baby some disservice.

I sense some fear from him that OST will not spread as it should. And
that inability to let go may very well be keeping OST from spreading
as it should. What was that crazy anthropologist with Basque roots
saying about "let go of outcome"? Oh, I bet she was just talking out
of her ___?  Nevermind, I think I was just imagining things  : ))

Aside to Harrison, I got the message about the hat. I'll try not to go
there unless the situation calls for it.

Obnoxious OST koan: Who is more of a space invader, me or Harrison?

Warmly,
Raffi

                          mailto:raffi at bk.ru