HHH

Lucas Gonzalez lgs0a at yahoo.es
Tue May 10 01:02:55 PDT 2005

Re Halifax Happy Hour

For group keyboard-conversations I think we have:
- specific software such as http://www.openspace-online.com
- instant messenging (IM) such as http://www.jabber.org or
http://gaim.sf.net
- IRC (internet relay chat) such as http://www.xchat.org or
http://www.ircap.net

If people using IRC want to actually e-meet, then they should find a
server, create a "room", and flock there:

- Servers?  http://www.irc-hispano.org and a zillion others.  Any irc
software has a huge list of available irc "networks" (many "access
sites" in each network - you can access the network through any "access
site" - easier done than said).
- Create a room?  Easy: use command "/j #openspace" (and if "room
openspace" does not exist then it's created - easiest way ever to open
space).  (Of course you can create "break-out spaces" on demand.)
- Flock there?  Just tell others where and when, and be ready to be
surprised, I guess.

If other commitments don't pop up their unpredictable heads, I'll
create or join #openspace at http://www.irc-hispano.org tonight at
22:00 GMT or around that time.  (I make no promisses as I may simply
forget.)  If more are interested we can set up another date and take it
easy.  Contact me with email or IM lgs0a at yahoo dot es

The theme?  How about "Issues and oportunities regarding real-time
communication and OST"?  There's a whole unwashed mass of teenagers
waiting to discover OS and use it locally ...

Lucas

Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!
Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es