The World Cafe

Chris Corrigan chris.corrigan at gmail.com
Tue May 3 10:07:28 PDT 2005

The short answer to that question for me is this: I like it for more
structured conversations, where we don't perhaps have all of the juicy
pre-conditions for an OST meeting. It can also happen in a very short period
of time, getting participants into deep dialogue. It's useful for
"consultation" meetings, where we expect little follow up responsibility
from the participants and it works beautifully for doing "keynote
facilitation" in a conference where a sponsor is looking for dialogue and
engagement but can't remove the tables or give themselves enough time and
space for OST.

The book, by all accounts, is a great addition to the field. I haven't got
my copy yet, but will soon.

Looking for Alan Stewart and Peggy Holman and Toke Moeller and other OST/WC
practitioners to weigh in here...

Chris

--

CHRIS CORRIGAN