The World Cafe

Dave Cox dwcox at ASTATE.EDU
Tue May 3 08:02:10 PDT 2005

A new book just came out. The World Cafe: Shaping Our Futures Through
Conversations That Matter by Juanita Brown with David Isaacs. It describes
a group process where participants move (through several rounds) from
table to table making connections among conversations devoted to a guiding
question. A host remains at each table to welcome the new group. The
process seems very compatible with Open Space. I was wondering what
experienced Open Spacers think of The World Cafe process and how you would
differentiate between their use?