Craig

Craig Gilliam wcraiggilliam at hotmail.com
Tue May 24 06:04:37 PDT 2005

Harrison and all:

I ma trying to thinkg through the concept of Strategic Planning.  It seems
to me that Strategic Planning is somewhat outdated and a concept that is
overly rationalistic while lacking depth and soul/spirit in many cases, but
often weighted down with anxiety and lack of productivity (Or maybe I should
say the way we often talk about it.).  Any more, is the word, “watching for
the emerging order” a better way to talk about and reflecting on “planning
for” the future?  If so, what are the laws of emergence?  As one listens or
watches for emerging order, for what is one or a group watching?

As I understand it, OS make space for it to emerge in a healthy way? After a
group senses an emerging order, does one plan, does one get out of the way
so uit can happen, or a little of all?

Any thoughts?

I hope this makes some sense in its nonsense.  I am still thinking this
trhough.

Thanks!
Craig