Craig

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Tue May 24 15:12:07 PDT 2005

I agree that planning is useful. But it is also important to recognize what Planning does. And it does not create the future! At best it is an imperfect map of what we THINK (hope, expect)the future might be.  Planning documents are very useful for checking off things along the way (to the future). They are miserable when it come to prediction. This is not all bad. for in many situations -- what you planed is so much less than what you could accomplish -- that is you reached you "planned goals" -- you would be severely sub-optimized (to speak in the acceptable jargon.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Dr.
Potomac, MD  20854