The Dunbar Number and the OSLIST

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 15:39:44 PDT 2005

Hello all:

I think that Chris Allen's analysis on "The Dunbar number as a limit to group sizes", posted in his blog, is very interesting and can give some ideas about crisis points for the growing of lists, forums, etc - as well as to companies and other organizations. You can see it at:

http://www.lifewithalacrity.com/2004/03/the_dunbar_numb.html

I have reasons to believe that the special conditions of the OSLIST allow us to bypass those numbers without suffering too much. But I would like to confirm this.

Can someone tell me how many members are there in the OSLIST at this moment? And has someone access to the statistics of evolution in the last years?

I would appreciate to receive those number through the list or directly.

Thanks and Regards

Artur

http://mail.yahoo.com