NO Such Thing as non-self-organizing system

Lucas Gonzalez lgs0a at yahoo.es
Wed Mar 16 15:05:22 PST 2005

 --- Harrison Owen <hhowen at comcast.net> escribió:
> Major case in point. George W. Bush. He took us to war in Iraq
> because of
> the dire threat of WMDs and ties to Al Qaeda - none of which turned
> out to
> be true. But he was definitely in charge! And talk about
> rationalization -
> it now turns out that we got into the whole thing in order to promote
> democracy and spread liberty!

Susan Blackmore wrote a book about "The Meme Machine" and the last
chapter is surprising: apparently, we're concious of a decision some
miliseconds after the decision has been taken.

So it really looks like we're not "rational animals" but rather
"rationalizing animals".

Our population of brain cells seems to selforganise decisions, and only
later is our conciousness informed - right after the fact.

http://williamcalvin.com/ writes about how thoughts "survive" within
our minds, emerging from a population of brain cells.

Ever seen an electroencephalogram?

Lucas

Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es