Research Reminder

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Fri Mar 11 15:12:16 PST 2005

Therese -- when you go around in circles (or spirals) who knows where you
will come out. I don't think anybody has accused Ken Wilber of creating
Spiral Dynamics. And just to display my own biases (critical judgment?), why
would he want to when his own work, in my humble opinion, is above, beyond,
and deeper than all the spirals. But the problem with Wilber's stuff is that
for all of its elegance and profundity, it is almost impossible to make
practical applications. I think Wilber has understood that, which may be why
he has been a supporter of Spiral Dynamics. My own take is that if I want to
jump into the infinite majesty (to say nothing of complexity) manifest in
the evolution of human consciousness -- Ken Wilber has few peers. But when
it comes to practical applications, my poor, aged head just can't get the
few remaining neurons and synapses to surround the multi-colored hues of
Spiral dynamics. I prefer the original -- The Great Chain of Being.
Different strokes for different folks!

And for those of you who may be reading this with some small degree of
skepticism or confusion. Don't worry. That said you really might enjoy a
good read with something like Ken Wilber's "A Brief History of Everything."

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20845
Phone 301-365-2093

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives Visit: