Trust the Process OR Trust the People?

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Fri Mar 11 09:40:47 PST 2005

In a message dated 3/11/05 6:06:36 AM, hhowen at comcast.net writes:

> "Trust the Process" is, and has been, the mantra of group work for as long
> as I can remember, and when the words were spoken, my head started to nod
> along with all the rest. But suddenly my head stopped - mid-nod, so to
> speak. Something seemed quite wrong and I found myself thinking - NO - it is
> really all about trusting the people!

Harrison--

Yes! Yes! Yes!

With many clients, it feels like the most useful thing I bring to the
project--maybe the only useful thing--is that I trust the people in the room to do
what is needed.   The process is a dance which may help to bring people face to
face.   But knowing, in my gut, that the people are fully capable is what I
bring to the party.

Joelle