Timing for really large groups

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Tue Jun 21 16:39:34 PDT 2005

I have not changed the process much for really large groups even in
really small time frames.  I do have everyone go up to the wall.  To me
it is an essential part of OST.   Unlike Lisa, I do have one line and
have individuals announce topics from that big long line.  I do "guide"
that part of the process.  When people go to the wall, and see what has
emerged as agenda is when the "chaos" strikes and they collectively and
individually take "control" of the session from that point on.   Asking
people to "sign up" is about engaging people in choice amongst more
options than they can usually manage.  It substantially reinforces the
principles and law that they must manage their own energy, take
responsibility for their own passion (in addition to that of the
initiator) - choose a topic or to be a bumble bee or butter fly.  It is
intentionally chaotic - it is moving to the edge of chaos where you
cannot predict the outcomes.  It fosters collective consciousness that
if we are to deal with this complex agenda we must discover how to go
with the flow of what emerges - and that no one will manage this for us.
I think that best happens at the wall rather than at the announcing of
topics.

Together with others, we recently did 14 OST events in three weeks with
form 300 to 500 participants with a full convergence in a day.  Not
ideal, but it worked!  And they all went to the wall and chose (and many
signed up).

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation