Timing for really large groups

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at boscop.de
Tue Jun 21 16:22:30 PDT 2005

Dear Jennifer,
here is what I tell people when I invite them to go up to the
bulletin board with the possibility of signing up:

"In a minute, the market place opens. When you go there you might be
confronted with various challenges. One is, that you want to go to
two sessions that are posted for the same beginning time. Dont
despair, just go to the convener and discuss with them moving it to
another time so that you can attend. If they are unwilling you might
offer them something they cant really turn down very easily, like a
couple of martinis at the bar. If that does not do the trick, you
might decide to bumble bee between the two groups or be so mad to
decide to go to neither and rather take a break...or you just make a
decision. If you yourself are the convener of those two issues, well,
just discuss it with yourself.
After that sign in. Just jot down your name on all the sheets your
are interested in. This does not commit you in any way.
When you are through with that, have another look. If you signed for
an issue and find that there are lots of people there and you are
scared of large groups you might just forget about that one. Or if
you see the names of certain people that you know you would greatly
enjoy being in a group with, go there. Some of you might want to jot
down all the times and places on a separate sheet for your own
orientation, others will go to the bulletin board after each session
and make a decision about their next move."

Greetings from Berlin
mmp

--Original Message Text---