In honor of Colin: OST as spiritual practice

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at bk.ru
Fri Jul 22 04:25:12 PDT 2005

Thank you, Marty for this initiative.
I will think about this. As one OST colleague remarked recently, "God
has a wicked sense of humor."

I think this was yet another reminder that what happened to Colin
could happen to any of us. And maybe we have only one responsibility on
this planet: to live as fully as possible.

I know I am very far from that fullness. And I admire those who have
that fullness, who can embrace the light and the dark with that quiet
knowing/unknowing mini-smile of profound detachment and readiness to
die at the drop of a (cowboy) hat.

I never knew Colin, but from his blog I saw that he was quite likely someone I would have proudly
counted as a friend, someone I would have enjoyed tea, coffee with in
a London/Moscow coffeehouse.

Warmly,
Raffi
                          mailto:raffi at bk.ru