a (currently) non-OST facilitator and non-English speaking candidate for poet laureate?

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at bk.ru
Fri Jul 22 04:18:00 PDT 2005

Dear colleagues,
On the day after the essenceworks OST meeting one of the participants
wrote a poem, an "Ode to Raffi." I like to think that I try to avoid
creating situations where people become leader-dependent. So, I'm a
little shy (would you believe it?) about posting an ode to me
here...

But then again, I haven't been accused to having too much
self-control here. (I'm still working on the Raffi spam filter)

But, I was really moved to see OST inspired poetry by someone who has
participated in two OST meetings, never read any of the theoretical
stuff around OST. And yet really grocked it. I am surprised because I
have seen some VERY smart people (one who is writing the local
equivalent of a post-doc) not get it...

Below it is in Russian. The English translation (which would take some
effort to rhyme as it does in the original) follows.

I am especially intrigued by the implication of having givens
wide-open in the poem.

One less day to Heavenfax and to watching the whales watch us...
raffi

Ода Раффи.

Условия-ограниченья
Ведут к сужению решенья.